In 2023, the city of São Paulo will host a new festival, The Town. From the same organizers of the famous Rock in Rio, this happens in September 2023, receiving 105 thousand people per day.
>> Leia em Português
The Town promises to offer a lot of music, culture and art, at the same area where Lollapalooza takes place, Autódromo de Interlagos (Interlagos Circuit).
Featuring a Lineup that has many international and important artists, such as Bruno Mars, who, after 6 years, returns to the Brazilian territory for the first edition of the festival.
Who am I?
Let me introduce myself.
I’m Rodrigo Schmiegelow, an advertiser specializing in Digital Marketing. Today I live as a Digital Nomad (what is it). In other words, I have geographic freedom and can work from anywhere in the world.
That’s why I can have amazing experiences like this.
I started a trip around the world to get to know places, cultures and regional cuisines. And I will bring great surprises from these experiences.
I’m on the Farofa expedition, getting to know regional cuisines from all over Brazil.
The event has several stages, totaling 5, inspired by the architecture and aesthetics of the city of São Paulo:
- Skyline, the main stage that will receive the most required artists for the event. With fireworks and light show during the concerts
- The one, exploring the multiculturalism of the city
- São Paulo Square, stage for musical styles such as Blues, jazz, surrounded by different kiosks with lot of arts
- New Dance Order, the most frenetic stage, receiving DJ’s, with light show to make the experience more incredible
- Finally, Factory, influenced by. the factories that occupied the city, an important milestone in the history of São Paulo, featuring hip hop and street dance
All this apart from the various stands and activations, such as sponsors offering immersive experiences and gifts. But, of course, there are kilometric queues.
Artists – The Town
Now for what really matters, the main artists.
The festival has 5 day options, September 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th and 10th. Each day receives 4 singers/bands on the main stage (Skyline) and countless others in the other spaces.
- 07/02: Post Malone as the most important name of the night, followed by Demi Lovato, Iggy Azalea, and the artists: MC Hariel, MC Ryan SP and MC Cabelinho, all at the same time.
- 07/03: first on the list of main artists of the day: Bruno Mars, accompanied by Bebe Rexha, Alok and Luiza Sonza
- 07/07: The band: Maroon 5, The Chainsmokers, besides the ex member of One Direction, Liam Payne, and Ludmila
- 07/08: A incredible day composed by Foo Fighters, Queens of The Stone Age, Garbage and Pitty
- 07/10: the last day welcomes Bruno Mars again, however, now followed by H.E.R., Kim Petras and IZA
For more information about the artists who will perform, click here.
It is important to remember that the main singer/band of the night is usually the last concert of the day.
The price varies according to when you purchase the ticket, when buying The Town Card (a ticket that guarantees you the choice of any of the days of the festival before the official ticket sales opening), you pay BRL 385.00 ($77 dollars) for half-price tickets. The conventional ticket is BRL 770.00 ($154 dollars), without any additional fee.
When purchasing a ticket for each day, the price is BRL 407.50 ($ 81.5 dollars) for half-price tickets, and BRL 815.00 ($163 dollars) for normal tickets. You can guarantee your ticket during the pre-sale in two ways, being part of The Town Club (a club that offers benefits to buyers divided into three categories: The Town Club Fan, The Town Club Rock Star and The Town Club Founder, offering different levels of benefits).
Or through the Itáu Pre-sale, making the purchase with an Itaú card.
Therefore, the new Festival promises an incredible experience similar to Rock in Rio, being alike in several aspects.
How about you? Looking forward to the first edition of The Town?